Weddings : Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT'S REQUIRED TO HOLD MY DATE?
A signed contract & 20% of your package price are required to reserve your wedding date. Your remaining 80% balance is due one week before your wedding.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER?
I started as a portrait photographer at a boutique studio in Williamsville NY in 2004! In 2007 I started second shooting & assisting at weddings with Lovely Day Photo. In 2014 I started Jaimie Ellis Photography and have shot over 50 weddings as the head photographer since then!
HOW LONG UNTIL I CAN SEE MY PHOTOS?
You'll get a SNEAK PEAK of your wedding day photos the day after your wedding - YAY!! The rest of your wedding photos will be delivered within 6 weeks. Your engagement photos take 2 weeks to receive your online gallery.
HOW DO I GET MY PHOTOS?
Both your engagement & wedding photos will be delivered in an online gallery that's password protected for your privacy. All of your images are downloadable and you can also purchase print products directly from your gallery. Your galleries never expire - they're your engagement and wedding photo websites for life! Best part: share your link with family & friends so they can download photos as well (and not bug you for pics!).
AM I ALLOWED TO PRINT MY PHOTOS?
Of course! You have full rights to print any of your engagement & wedding photos through any company you'd like.
HOW MUCH RETOUCHING DO YOU DO?
Any bruises or blemishes are removed. Don’t worry I won’t let a poorly timed pimple ruin your photos!
WHAT'S YOUR STYLE/ GENERAL VIBE ON MY WEDDING DAY?
My style is very documentary driven - lots of candid photos capturing the true emotions of your day. When I need to step in though, I don’t hesitate. I often will set you up in the best lighting & then step back and let you do your thing (for example, as you put your dress on).
During your formal photos I will put you into general poses (there's more posing during a wedding than your engagement session due to the fact that we're working with trains, veils and bouquets) but will then step back and let you feel the love. I'll also have you do lots of walking, dancing, spinning & dipping - I love to see movement in my photos!
For family photos on your wedding day I have you provide me with a list before hand so we can move through them quickly with little interruption to your day.
WHO IS YOUR SECOND PHOTOGRAPHER?
My main second shooter is Marlee of Marlee & Me Photography. When she's not available, I hire one of the many talented photographers in the Buffalo / Rochester area! No matter who I'm working with for your wedding, I ensure they are professional not only in their photography work, but in demeanor as well.
WHERE SHOULD I TAKE MY ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS?
I always suggest first trying to think of somewhere that means something to the both of you - perhaps where you had your first date or first kiss :) If you're undecided, I have lists of favorite places as well as new spots I'd like to visit - we'll come up with something together!
Once you book, I'll be sending you guide that will help you decide where to take photos, what to wear, how to prepare for your wedding and engagement photos & much more!
WHAT IF IT'S RAINING FOR MY ENGAGEMENT SESSION?
We can choose to brave the weather (as long as it's safe) or reschedule!
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT TO MY WEDDING DUE TO INJURY OR ILLNESS?
If I can hold a camera, I can make it to your wedding! I would never let a common illness keep me from shooting your wedding & to this day have never missed a wedding! In a circumstance where I absolutely cannot make it due to hospitalization or inability to shoot, I will do my best to secure a replacement photographer with similar style and experience at no cost to you. If that isn't possible, you will be fully refunded.
DO YOU HAVE EQUIPMENT PROTECTION/ BACKUP?
YES! I bring extra cameras, lenses, flashes, etc to every wedding in case of equipment failure. My camera records to two separate cards as well, in the event that one is damaged the other will have all of your photos. In the event I cannot recover missing images from a damaged card, you will be refunded or partially refunded based upon how much was recovered.
"Communication was great, which as a anxious bride.. I LOVED. Jaimie was willing to work with us to help us achieve all the things we wanted, which was a lot, we were very all over the place 2 big families, Harry Potter this Star Wars that, a photo booth and pouring rain! Jaim didn't bat an eye.
All of our pictures turned our beautiful, We get so many compliments. I loved our photo book, and Jaimie made sure I felt it was perfect every step of the way! I loved that she sent us cute little packs in the mail to help walk us through what pictures to pick and how to plan out our day.
Everything was perfect, we can't wait to work with her again!"